This course covers all aspects of art management for captains, crew, concierge and household staff employed by art collectors or anyone with valuable antique artwork or artifacts as well as those who have a passion for art and design who would like to extend their knowledge. Day one covers all aspects of fine art management, care and conservation. Day two will expand your understanding of art history and the art market, art periods, movements and styles, art appreciation and related issues such as art forensics and copywrite. You will be introduced to art as a fundamental feature of the luxury sector and gain an insight into its rich and diverse history. Impress your employers and guests with your knowledge of art handling and offer owners peace of mind that you understand how to properly care for their most precious objects to prevent them from de-valuing. You may also awaken a passion and open doors to future career potential. This course is accredited by JJ Yonnet Formations in France who are recognised by the French government as a official training provider and whom will issue the course certificate.
Presented by: Pandora Mather-Lees
Art Historian with extensive experience in the commercial art sector working with and for art galleries, museums, auction houses, art platforms, logistics, copyright, education and a broad range of professional art organisations
Day 1 – A full day of classroom work with lunch provided. This is followed by a visit to an exhibition in Palma’s Gran Hotel – Caixa Forum Cultural Centre and finishing with a cocktail at Weyler Cocktail Bar.
Day 2 – Further classroom work, followed by a late lunch at Restaurant Toqué. We then take a visit to Palma’s Museum of Modern Art at Es Baluard and will finish the day with a glass of cava on the roof top terrace overlooking the Paseo Maritimo and all the yachts at sundown.
Onboard Art Management:
- Understand the art collector and the intrinsic value of objects on board
- Knowledge of the major art movements and periods
- Understanding mediums
- Knowledge of the types of conservation cleaning, technical analysis, framing and logistics
- Understand the practical requirements for the preservation of art objects
- Know where to go for specialist help
- Confidence to handle art collections and the logistics of moving them from one location to another.
- Understand the mechanisms of the art world as an international business
- Recognising future career potential within the art world